Description

Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence? -Sathya Sai Baba

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Another adventure in doin' it wrong.


Woman going up the stairs, bitching passive aggressively about the woman in front of her walking too slow: "Fucking oblivious morons." She sidles past and up.

Her bullying manner irks me. A stray thought wanders past. "I ought to teach her a lesson." I speed up to walk in front of her and then deliberately slow down.

"And here's another one!" she says "fucking oblivious morons!" She bumps me as she passes, barely.

"Have a nice day," I say.

Still not addressing me, she continues her tirade. "Have a nice day," I say again.

"You need to fucking pay attention," she says.

"Oh, I did it on purpose." I say. "Have a nice day."

"Then you're a bigger asshole than I thought!" she shouts as I walk away. "Ya doof!"

She's right. Should have left it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment