Description

Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence? -Sathya Sai Baba

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hello, little blog

I have not abandoned you. Right now I'm working on a post about the Carpenters (another currently underappreciated band, in my opinion). They went through a resurgence in popularity in the 90's (mostly because of 70's nostalgia freaks like myself) but have kind of faded in recent years. I still love them, and I'm still obsessed with "A Song for You," so that's what I'll be writing about.

I also probably need to review Tallulah Rising, the sequel to The Last Werewolf. Did it hold up? I'll let you know. (short answer: eh (shrugs shoulders))

In the meantime, here's a little something something from a band I'm enjoying right now - A Lull. They're playing tomorrow at Pianos, and I won't be able to see them, because I'm planning to watch the what-I'm-anticipating-will-be-a-shit-show-of-vast-proportions called the London Olympics Opening ceremonies. It'll be a party, and, if the rumors are correct, a really tacky one at that (the Olympics thing, I mean. I'm sure A Lull's show will be tasteful and decorous, given that the title of their EP is Meat Mountain).

So here's A Lull - Still Got Pull

No comments:

Post a Comment